Safety for those most vulnerable.
- Emergency Shelter - Provided for victims of domestic violence.
- 911 Cell phones - Provided to victims (usable for emergency 911 calls only).
- Safety Planning - A guide to safety for victims.
- Pet Safety - Safe Haven agreement with SPCA for pets of victims.
Advocacy on behalf of victims
- Legal - Accompaniment through the legal system for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- Medical - Emergency hospital accompaniment for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Emergency Transportation - Limited as needed
- Information and Referrals - to other community agencies as appropriate
Education to the community and allied professionals
- Presentations - Speakers available upon request to address issues of domestic violence, sexual violence, stalking and other agency services.
- Violence Prevention Program - Facilitated by Prevention Coordinator in cooperation with Parks and Recreation Departments, Martinsville City Schools, after-school programs, mentoring programs, etc.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - Facilitated by Prevention Coordinator - Two-Day training about how to effectively intervene with someone thinking about suicide.
- Awareness Events - Community events to raise awareness of the issues surrounding domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and homelessness
Support for those who reach out for services.
- Crisis Intervention - Helpline services 24/7.
- Reassurance calls - Daily outbound calls to ensure safety.
- Supportive - Individual and group counseling for domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, children's support, self-esteem and life-skills.
Copyright 2017 Southside Survivor Response Center.